Wednesday, March 25th. Kick off celebration at 2pm.
All Stillwater Hawks
The Hawk Walk is a 100% Donation Based Fundraiser! All profits go directly to the PTSA to benefit our students and school.
The suggested minimum fundraising goal per student is $35. The school goal is $13,000! We can do it! We made over $23,000 last year during the Hawk Walk! View Classroom Goals.
***Thank you Gayle Stevens from Home with Gayle for sponsoring the return of Blitz!!! It was previously communicated that Blitz was not available this year, but his schedule opened up! Yay!***
- Every classroom has been assigned a class goal based off of the number of kids in each class. Please click here to see your student(s) classroom goal. Every class that reaches their goal will earn a Snow Cone Party! Special consideration will be made for those all-star students that go above and beyond but the class does not reach the goal.
- The top two earners in each grade will be invited to a Breakfast with the Principal event. Mr. Madigan will serve each student a tasty breakfast. Yum!
- The top 2 earners in each grade AND 6 Wild Card Winners (1 in each grade, randomly selected from a pool of students who fundraise more than $35) will earn a spot to compete in a fun relay at the spirit assembly on April 2nd!! Grades K & 1 will Shoe Box Race, grades 2 and 3 will be Egg and Spoon, and grades 4 and 5 will be doing Wheelbarrow racing. Then the whole team will play Hula Hoop Pass to finish the relay. If a top earner or wild card winner does not want to compete in the relay, then the PTSA will ask the next top earner or alternate wild card winner.
- Every student that raises $35 or more, which is the suggested minimum, will be entered into a drawing on April 3rd to win fun prizes.
- 4th & 5th Graders, Mr. Madigan might be coming up with own extra incentive for you! Stay tuned!
- The Top Earning Class (% to goal) in K-2nd grade and 3rd-5th grade will win an extra recess complete with a cotton candy treat!
- And last but certainly not least…if the school hits the $13,000 goal, Mr. Madigan and Mr. Hammons will be leading two teams in a game of Say Whaaat? at the spirit assembly on April 2nd!! Every student that collects ANY amount of donations will be able to sign-up for a chance to win a spot on a team, permission slips will be posted to our website and Facebook group after March 25th if we hit our goal! Two winners will be announced on March 31st – parents will then need to confirm their child’s participation (as long as the school achieves the $13,000 goal). Say Whaaat? will be modeled after the game played on Ellen’s Game of Games.
- Fundraising envelopes (and online donations) can be turned in any time before March 25th. Any donations received AFTER 4:00 PM on March 25th will not be counted towards the prize totals.
- Envelopes will not be given back to the students once they are turned in, so make sure your donations are complete or you will have to send in any additional donations in a regular envelope marked with your child’s name, teacher and grade.
- Please our Facebook page daily starting March 19th to see the progress of classroom goals and the overall school goal. You can find our group on Facebook under the name Stillwater Elementary PTSA.
- While corporate matching is an integral part of our fundraising strategy plan, because we do not receive the matching funds until well after the event is over, we do not count promised corporate matching funds towards the Hawk Walk. However, we do have a prize drawing in July for every corporate matching donation we received with a name attached during the current school year, the family associated to the winning corporate match will receive a $100 Amazon gift card.
When your sponsors ask what the donations will be used for, you can use the information below to tell them about all the activities that the PTSA provides to Stillwater.
When your sponsors ask what the donations will be used for, you can use the information below to tell them about all the activities that the PTSA provides to Stillwater. A full breakdown of our budget and fundraising strategy can also be found online on our website at http://stillwaterptsa.org/ptsa-budget/. Here are just some of the programs we support:
- School/Staff Grants
- Field Trip Stipends for ALL Grades
- Field Day
- Library, PE and Music
- The Dance Lady and School Dance
- All Arts Day
- Family Fun Nights
- Art Docent
- Playground Updates
- Staff Appreciation
If you have any questions please contact Monique Linz or Lindsey Tolson at fundraising [at] stillwaterptsa [dot] org.