When: Monday, November 15th- Friday, November 19th
Where: Stillwater Campus
Who: All Stillwater Hawks
What: The Hop-a-Thon is a 100% Donation Based Fundraiser and our largest one of the year! All profits raised go directly to the PTSA to benefit our students and school.
Goal: The suggested minimum fundraising goal per student is $25. The school goal is $8,000! We can do it! We made over $25,000 during our last the Hop-a-Thon!
See the CLASS GOALS >
- Every classroom has been assigned a class goal based off on number of kids in each class. Please see the reverse side for your student(s) classroom goal or visit http://stillwaterptsa.org/hopathon/. Due to Covid-19 protocol, we can’t have our normal classroom parties. Instead, we will be sending tasty candy and a fun fidget pop toy home with every class that hits their goal.
- Every student that raises $25 or more, which is the suggested minimum, will be entered into a drawing to win fun prizes on November 22nd. Prizes include American Girl Doll, Fortnite items, basketball, stuff animals, and so much more!
- The classes with the highest percent to goal (one from K-2 and one from 3-5), will win a Cotton Candy surprise! Each kiddo from the winning class will be sent home with a bag of cotton candy.
- If the school hits the $8,000 goal, Mr. Madigan and Mr. H will play Pillow Paper, Rock, and Scissors! * Due to Covid-19 protocols, we will not be holding an assembly for the entire school. Mr. Madigan and Mr. H will play the game in the gym and have it stream live to the classrooms for all the kids to watch. *Please check out our website for a video of this game
- The top two earners in each grade will be invited to a Pizza Lunch with the Principal event. We’ll have multiple tables set outside under the covered area, for kids to be spaced out safely and they will get Pizza and a special treat from Mr. Madigan for lunch!
- And last but certainly not least…THE TOP TWO earners per grade will be able to attend the Pillow Paper, Rock, and Scissors events live in the gym and participate in playing with Mr. Madigan and Mr. H.
- Fundraising envelopes (and online donations) can be turned in anytime before November 19th. Any donations received AFTER 4:00 PM on November 19th will not be counted towards the prize totals.
- Envelopes will not be given back to the students once they are turned in, so make sure your donations are complete or you will have to send in any additional donations in a regular envelope marked with your child’s name, teacher and grade.
- Please check our Facebook group daily starting October 31st to see the progress of classroom goals and the overall school goal. You can find our group on Facebook under the name Stillwater Elementary PTSA.
- While corporate matching is an integral part of our fundraising strategy plan, because we do not receive the matching funds until well after the event is over, we do not count promised corporate matching funds towards the top earner numbers, classroom or school goals. However, we do have a prize drawing in June for every corporate matching donation we received with a name attached during the current school year, the family associated to the winning corporate match will receive a $100 Amazon gift card.
When your sponsors ask what the donations will be used for, you can use the information below to tell them about all the activities that the PTSA provides to Stillwater. A full breakdown of our budget and fundraising strategy can also be found online on our website at http://stillwaterptsa.org/ptsa-budget/. Here are just some of the programs we support:
- School/Staff Grants
- Field Trip Stipends for ALL Grades
- Field Day
- Library, PE, Art and Music Enrichment
- All Arts Day
- Playground Upgrades
- Art Docent
- Family Fun Nights
- Staff Appreciation
Along with all these amazing programs, last year we were able to replace and upgrade our large playground structure thanks to years of successful fundraisers and now we are saving to replace the smaller playground.
If you have any questions please contact Monique Linz at email@example.com.