UPDATE – Reflections Entries can be submitted online this year!!!!
The Reflections Art Competition is a National PTA program that starts at the school level. Each year students are invited to create original works of art around a theme. Pieces are evaluated by local artists and art educators. Top scoring works advance to the district level with the opportunity to advance to the state and even national level of the competition.
The theme for 2020-2021 is “I Matter Because…“. All students are invited to submit work on this theme within 6 art categories (seen below). Entries must be the original work of one student created for this year’s competition. Please look over the rules for the contest before your student begins work on their piece. If artwork is submitted that doesn’t meet the guidelines, we cannot advance the piece. Submissions with completed entry forms should be emailed to Amy Pitt at email@example.com by Friday, November 5th. For Visual Arts – send photograph of artwork for the submission. For Photography and Literature – send original files. For Music, Dance, and Film – send link to files that can be downloaded.
***Pro tip – the theme matters!! Judges use the artist statement on the entry form to consider how the student interpreted the theme.***
6 Art Categories & Corresponding Rules (click on category title to open rules):
- Literature: works of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, prose, drama, short stories and lyrics.
- Music Composition: original musical composition, with or without words.
- Photography: color or black and white, included techniques: photogram, negative sandwich, and multiple exposure.
- Visual Arts: drawing, painting in tempera, oil, acrylic, watercolor & t-shirt paints, computer generated art, two-dimensional collage, printmaking, needlework & leather tooling.
- Film/Video: original works, with or without sound, of animation, narrative, documentary, experimental or music video/film.
- Choreography/Dance: originally choreographed dance composition.
Reach out to Amy Pitt firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Reflections entries are due by November 5th, 2020!