On February 3rd, Stilwater PTSA held it’s 2nd General Membership Meeting of the Year.
Here is a recap of the meeting:
Reviewed and filed prior meeting minutes.
President’s Report – Lindsey reviewed the PTSA activities that have occurred since September’s general meeting, and what is still to come
- Occurred so far ->
- Lindsey Tolson and Monique Linz swapped roles after the last meeting
- Pumpkin contest that resulted in over 70 submissions
- Reflections art contest with 9 entries
- Spiritwear sale (tie-dye should be going home soon)
- Pie eating contest with Mr. Madigan and Mr. H!
- Disguise a turkey contest
- Legislative Assembly
- Winter Food Drive – so much generosity! There was a big haul taken to Holy Innocents Food Bank
- SAS (staff appreciation snacks) cart! Thank you to everyone who donated towards the cart to keep it going for the rest of the year!
- Ugly Sweater contest
- Helped Red Pepper feed the staff before winter break
- Started working on yearbook and doing yearbook orders
- Revamped the Box Tops bin
- Participated in a school board appreciation event
- Granted 5 teachers $1,237.66
- Still to come ->
- Virtual bingo in the spring
- Moms & Me/Dads & Donut – virtual style
- Brown Bear car wash gift certificate fundraiser
- Staff appreciation in May, still continuing SAS Cart
- Virtual talent show
- 2nd grant session
- Playground install – fingers crossed 3rd time is a charm, currently slotted to occur on March 13th!
Treasurer’s Report – Chelsea reviewed the treasurer report, it included all financial happenings since the last general meeting in September. The financial documents reviewed can be found in this post.
We had 2 special elections:
- Nominating Committee -> The nominating committee is tasked with finding the most eligible candidates for president, vice president, secretary and treasurer each year. This year’s nominating committee is Lori Rush, Chelsea Krause and Kirsten Lewis. They are currently seeking candidates for the 2021-2022 school year. Learn more here.
- 2020-2021 Budget Changes -> We presented several changes to the budget that were voted on and approved during the meeting. The Excel file containing the changes can be found in this post. We audit and review our budget several times a year and make changes as needed, we want to ensure we are spending (responsibly and within our mission statement) the funds raised within a given year. So as line items within a budget solidify, we need to make necessary adjustments to the budget to ensure our end of year number comes in on target.
Advocacy – Amy McHenry provided an Advocacy Update. She refereed to her legislative assembly recap that was sent out via Facebook and posted to our website in November. Amy would also like to get some community roundtables put together, stay tuned.
Volunteers – Lindsey Tolson provided a volunteer update, she requested everyone keep their volunteer application current with the district. Mr. Madigan then requested the PTSA help find crossing guard volunteers, more to come on that.
Membership – Lori Rush provided a membership update, we have 177 members, which is 56% to where we were last year. We are continuing to encourage sign-ups, PTSA members receive a $5 discount per yearbook.
Principal’s Update – Mr. Madigan gave a principal’s update. He talked about how in person learning was going for K/1 and that the classroom rosters for 2/3 would be going out the following day. All currently enrolled Stillwater students have been able to stay with a Stillwater teacher. However, with some larger virtual class sizes, if anyone else transfers into the school, they could end up with a non-Stillwater teacher. There was some discussions about how to keep remote learners engaged and connected to the school even if they aren’t in person. You can always sign-up for virtual coffee chats with the principal, they occur on Wednesdays and the link for sign-ups is in Stillwater’s weekly constant contact.
We gave out 4 door prizes before ending the meeting! Starbucks and Krispy Kreme gift certificates, yum!
Full minutes for our general meetings can always be found here.
The next General Membership Meeting will be on April 21st.