On Wednesday September 30th 2020 we had our first General Membership Meeting of the school year over Zoom. Here is a recap of the meeting. If you have any follow-up questions please reach out to Lindsey Tolson via email@example.com
All documents reviewed during meeting and referenced below can be found here.
Topics covered in order of Agenda:
1) Review of June General Meeting Minutes – Minutes were filed with no changes.
2) Presidents Update – Our spirit wear drive is kicking off. Ordering will be online throughout the month of October and the items will be delivered in December via student supply bags. The SAS cart will begin this month with non-perishable foods in the staff lounge, which will be restocked as needed. Our Reflections lead is Amy Pitt. Reflections submissions will be online and have a November 5th deadline. We are having an online pumpkin carving contest! Submissions due on our website by 9PM on October 25th.
3) Current Treasurers Report and End of Year report were reviewed. We did not meet our 2019-20 budget due to event cancellations from COVID. There were no questions regarding the current treasurers report and it was filed.
4) Special Election – Proposed budget changes were reviewed and approved in a unanimous vote. Here is the new budget.
5) Other Business – Lori Rush gave an update on membership, as of Sept. 30 we were at 122 members, our goal this year (due to COVID and the nature of remote learning) is 150 members.
Rachel DelCarmen is working on recruiting volunteers. People who sign up to be a part of the volunteer database by October 20th will have their name entered in a drawing to win a fabulous gift basket put together by Rachel!
6) Principal’s Update – Mr. Madigan discussed the current status of remote learning which has gone smoothly thus far. Teachers are trying to ensure they reach and meet the needs of all students. Calm corners at home are being promoted and plans are in the works for a before-school yoga class via zoom. They are reviewing and troubleshooting the logistics around bringing kids safely back to school. More details on how that looks will be available after the surveys have been returned and reviewed by the district. Also, the school has welcomed new counselor, Michaela Hall.
The meeting was adjourned and 2 attendees received an Amazon/Starbucks digital gift cards as a door prize! The September Membership drawing winners were also announced.
Thank you to everyone who joined the meeting! Our next General Membership meeting is scheduled for January 13th @ 6:30 PM
Meeting minutes can be found here.